This chili is one of our favorite winter weekend meals! We love to cook it for Saturday dinner, then eat the leftovers spread over nachos for Sunday football. You could obviously add meat if you wish, but as my meat-loving husband would agree, you don’t need it!
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 1 can light kidney beans
- 1 can dark kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 jar salsa
- Diced bell pepper
- Diced onion
- 2.5 cups vegetable stock
- Spices: salt, pepper, garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, nutritional yeast
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Fritos (trust me, the crunch is perfect!)
Note that you can pick and choose whichever you like! I don’t always add the extra tomato, pepper, and onion.
- Open all bean and corn cans, drain and rinse in a strainer
- Dump rinsed beans and corn into crockpot
- Add tomato, salsa, pepper, onion, quinoa and vegetable stock
- Add as much of each seasoning as you would like. I go a bit on the heavier side
- Cook on low for 8 hours, mixing every few hours
- Serve with your choice shredded cheese, sour cream, and/or Fritos on top!
- Turn off and unplug crockpot, letting leftover chili sit overnight
- Chips (I like the Tostito Cantina chips the best!)
- Queso cheese (we love the White Queso by Tostito)
- Shredded lettuce or cabbage
- Black olives
- Guacamole (homemade is always best!)
- Diced red onion
- Diced tomato
Again, pick and choose as you please! We actually have two very different-looking plates once we’re done making ours!
- About 2-3 hours before you start the nachos, turn the crockpot back on to warm and stir occasionally
- Warm the queso in a saucepan
- Make guacamole (if you’re going to) and prep any other toppings
- Add a layer of chips, and pour queso over
- Add chili over top of queso
- Add other toppings as desired!